3.11.09

yes, i long for adventure



scout niblett's been on my must-check-out-at-some-point list forever. i remember listening to 'drummer boy' quite a lot and while her very sparse style attracted me at first, i ended up feeling a bit put off by it.. i could see what the challenge was and decided i'd try it again later. it does take a bit of aging sometimes, doesn't it?
then today i was feeling a bit tired and peckish on the drive back from the airport, put my ipod on shuffle and here you go. whatever happened since the last time i listened to these songs.. i found myself making funny faces and singing stupidly while tapping my feet.

voice + guitar + drums. or voice + drums. see what you can make of it. i've got the biggest urge to open the window and play it really LOUD.

and... i think cat power's 'american flag' was written about her. haha. like totally!

my new friend / plays drums all the time / her magic heart / feels everything / she plays the difficult parts and i play / difficult / she goes shoop shoop eh doop

here is a great article/interview that sums up everything i meant to say but had no words for..

*

No comments:

Post a Comment